BritAcademy Bucharest and BritAcademy Rosu are looking for Nursery Teachers to join us in August/September 2018. We are looking for an experienced teacher, with good Early Years knowledge, dedication and enthusiasm.
The nursery teacher will be responsible for a group of up to 16 children within the 3-5 age range – and will work closely with a teacher assistant.
planning and presenting lessons and activities in accordance with the EYFS
maintaining all records, write report and keep up to date observations on all their key children
liaising with and meet with parents, in order to promote our parent/teacher partnership
following the safeguarding,anti-bullying and behaviour policies of the school
Please be aware that we take very seriously our duty of care towards all of our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees and we will require the candidate to provide current police checks
We will not directly discriminate against a person because of their actual or
We will make reasonable adjustments in the recruitment and employment of disabled
people. For example, adjustments to recruitment and selection procedures, to terms
and conditions of employment, to working arrangements and physical changes to the
premises or equipment.
Staff, volunteers and trustees should conduct themselves in accordance with our
Code of Conduct. Our equal
opportunities policy requires that all staff, volunteers and trustees treat any
individuals they encounter in Early Education with respect, and that they recognise
that diversity brings differences in behaviour and opinion, which should be respected
unless these are in conflict with the core values of the organisation.
Code of conduct
All staff is committed to:
• Listening and supporting children and young people.
• Confidentiality (ie, only share private and sensitive information about a child or young person when
it is in their best interests to do so; eg, if there is a safeguarding concern or a disclosure).
• Not promising to keep secrets and not asking anyone to do so.
• Being aware of their position of trust.
• Respecting all children and young people.
• Maintaining appropriate professional boundaries and not displaying any behaviour that may be
misinterpreted by others.
• Adhering to the organisation’s policy on the use of communications technologies, including the use
of mobile phones, cameras or webcams, the internet, including social networking, etc.
• Prohibiting social contact with children and young people, including prohibiting any physical or
sexual contact either inside or outside of the organisation. (However, in international schools, many
staff have children who are being educated at the same school, and therefore there will be
occasions when staff have social contact with other children due to their own children’s friendships.
It may be advisable to inform a line manager, or check whether there are any policies covering this
• Avoiding or minimising the occasions when they are alone or in a secluded area.
• Stipulating that behaviour should be beyond reproach at all times, including banning the use of
sarcasm, insensitive or belittling comments or behaviour, or physical punishment of any description.
• Adhering to the organisation’s policy and procedures on transporting children and young people.
• Reporting any disclosures or allegations against any member of staff or volunteer without delay
BritAcademy Bucharest is a growing pre-school, offering opportunities for staff development and career progression. All staff are trained in Child Protection and understand to report concerns by following the Safeguarding Policies.
A competitive salary
Great team spirit
Friendly and supportive working environment